It’s not always easy coming up with a name for a new post, especially when you have no idea what a piece of furniture you just made over is called! Maybe you know? Is it a bar stool? Not really…is it a chair? kind of. It’s a chair at bar stool height…bar chair?
Okay now that we have that out of the way, it seems like my kitchen is taking longer than expected. but it’s really just small details that are dragging on. The main stuff is done! I had family in town this week for my nephew’s graduation, so I was able to get the little bit of crown above my cabinets up, but that’s about it. I’m excited to say that all I have left to do now is caulk a couple of places and take my final pictures!
I already shared this rolling kitchen cart that I scored for $15 at a yard sale and painted:
You can see a tiny peek of my cabinets in the background of some of the photos in that post.
Today I’m sharing this “bar chair” I found at Lucketts last Spring. My youngest was having a hard time not slipping right off the backs of our saddle stools, so I needed a stool that had a back. Ooh…maybe that’s what it’s called…a stool with a back ha ha. Anyway, I found this one for $15:
We had been using it as is for a while, but I decided to give it a new look to go with my kitchen:
This is a super simple makeover. I used my DIY chalk paint (using Behr Cottage White) and ASCP in Duck Egg for the stripes. A light sanding and a coat of clear wax finishes it off perfectly. My inspiration for this piece was another chair I picked up on that same Lucketts trip:
Funny thing is, I didn’t know what kind of chair this was when I wrote about it ha ha. I was calling it a “half chair”. Sounds a little demeaning. Some of my lovely readers suggested it was a dressing table chair.
I used frog tape to tape off my stripes and removed the tape while the paint was still wet.
A little sanding in the right places goes a long way.
The other Luckett’s piece ended up in my boys’ bathroom, but this grain sack inspired stripe really works well in my kitchen and did I mention it was easy?
I had to take it outside (between rain showers) to photograph so I didn’t show too much of my kitchen! (Or the pile of dishes in my sink.)
You can see my Summer Hydrangea wreath in the background…here’s a better picture:
Here’s another Luckett’s find transformed that I did back in the Fall. (Blog lesson #337…don’t put a bunch of pumpkins everywhere during your big reveal if you want to share it at any other time of the year.)
I didn’t make it to Lucketts this year. Judging by the looks of my garage right now, I didn’t really need to go. At least I did finish everything I intended to from that trip, I think. 😉
I’ll be working on last minute finishing touches in my kitchen this weekend. (You know… the things I probably would never bother finishing if I didn’t have a blog!) If you missed it, here’s another peek…I shared this photo on my Facebook Page this week:
SO excited to share!
If you like what you see, there are several ways to follow along!
I love to share at some of these great parties:
Home Stories A to Z Not Just a Housewife Kammy’s Korner The Happy Housie Design Dining and Diapers Liz Marie Blog Funky Junk Interiors Savvy Southern Style Tatertots and Jello DIY Show Off Redoux Interiors Between Naps on the Porch The DIY Dreamer Oh My Creative Little Miss Celebration Just a Girl and Her Blog Sand and Sisal Interior Frugalista House on the Way Addicted 2 DIY I should be Mopping the Floor Miss Mustard Seed