Happy Thursday amazing friends! Today I am sharing a dresser that I purchased last November. My booth inventory was very low at that time and I was kind of desperate to find a few pieces for it, and was having a hard time finding anything.
Enter this pretty little number:
It was $99 which I would normally NEVER pay for a small dresser like this, but it was already in beautiful condition. Clearly someone had lovingly restored it, so I decided it was worth the hundred bucks.
Except because it was already so nice, I struggled with taking a brush to it, and so there it has sat in that very same spot in our garage…blocking all my hubby’s grilling/smoker supplies for nearly a year. He would ask me weekly when I was going to paint it. I half considered just taking it to my booth as is, but as lovely as it was, there was absolutely nothing unique about it. That is what adding paint and your own spin on a piece of furniture does for it. It makes it one of a kind!
So I finally did something with it:
Now it is more unique, yes?
I just couldn’t bare to cover up all that pretty wood though, so I decided to leave the top and most of the drawers as is…
For being so chicken to take a brush to it, I am really pleased with the final outcome. I’ve included a few affiliate links so you can find the products I use.
The top drawer was a bit smaller so I decided to paint just that one drawer and switch up the hardware…
I used my trusty Bit of Sugar by Behr, made into chalk paint (recipe HERE). Then I sealed with Dixie Belle paint’s satin clear coat sealer again to test for yellowing over white and it did great. However, because this dresser already had a nice coat of sealer on it from being redone before I painted it, it didn’t bleed either, so I think I need to try a bleeder as a real test next time. I’ll be sure to report back when I do. I really do like the ease of brushing on a sealer though, and this has no odor which I really love. I used my favorite Wooster brush for applying the sealer.
These pretty glass knobs are from Hobby Lobby:
The original pulls are so pretty but were really showing their age. I used a little gold leaf Rub’n buff to bring them back to life:
You simply rub it on and buff, just like it says on the tube.
As for the drawers, although the outside was gorgeous, I couldn’t say the same for the insides…
A quick sanding all over to remove all that dirt and grime made them look clean and new again…
Then the bottoms got the fabric treatment…
I alternated two patterns this time in navy blue since I love the mix of brass and navy. I used my rotary cutter and cutting mat set to cut the fabric super straight, and matte mod podge and a chip brush to adhere the fabric to the drawers. This fabric came from Hobby Lobby also.
This dresser would be beautiful paired with either a stained bed and night table or white painted pieces.
If you liked this post, you might enjoy this oldie but goodie too:
See how I updated this brown beast HERE!
I’ll be back on Tuesday with my Trash-to-treasure girls sharing what I did with these vintage lamps:
UPDATE: Check out how I repurposed these lamps HERE now!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Don’t Miss a Thing!
If you like what you see, there are several ways to follow along!